This page will talk about meals that are quick, healthy, not so healthy (but yum!), fast and delicious.
If you have any exciting recipes, I want to hear from you. You can send the recipes with pictures and I will post them for us to enjoy!
Creative Scones (Biscuits)
Do you ever feel guilty for not having time to bake scones? Are you afraid of mixing the wrong ingredients? As I promised, I recently discovered a creative recipe for biscuit lovers …it is soooo simple and unbelievably yum.
You will need:
- Pancake mix
- Buttermilk (or Milk)
- Sugar (optional)
- Raisins or chocolate or dried nuts (optional)
What you’ll do:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F
- Add 2 cups of pancake mix into a bowl
- Add ½ cup of Raisins or chocolate or dried nuts (optional)
- Crack 1 egg and stir nicely
- Add Sugar (if needed. I find that pancake mix could be salty)
- Add 1 cup of buttermilk (or Milk)
- Stir the mixture and form a dough.
- Knead and make ¾ ” or 1 inch thickness
- Cut into desired shape
- Place on cooking sheets
- Brush Egg on top (optionally use milk)
- Bake until golden (400 F for 15 – 20 minutes)
- Cool for 5 minutes and serve
Easy Caprese Bites ( http://fisilis.wordpress.com/2011/12/19/easy-caprese-bites)
Tomato, fresh basil, and fresh mozzarella is one of my favorite flavor combinations. It tastes light and fresh. This appetizer was one of the first to go at our party last week. The best party appetizers you can eat with your fingers (plus, that means no forks to wash…1 less thing to clean right?!).
These couldn’t be easier, and look gorgeous just sitting there on a plate. The Christmas colors just happened to be a bonus.
fresh mozzarella cheese in tiny balls or cut up into bite size pieces
Wrap a basil leaf around a tomato and mozzarella ball. Hold together with a toothpick.
These would be fantastic drizzled with a bit of balsamic vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil!
Chicken Bruchetta (http://sneakersnsnacks.wordpress.com/)
(Chicken breasts are cooked as desired, covered with a slice of mozzarella, and served on buttered noodles with seasoned tomato & onion spooned over top)
4 small tomatoes, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 cup Italian dressing
4 Boneless skinless chicken breast halves
4 slices Mozzarella cheese
1 Box of spaghetti or noodles of your choice, cooked & drained
Butter to taste
Bruchetta: Mix diced tomato, diced onion and Italian dressing in bowl; set aside. NOTE: I did NOT use 1 cup of Italian dressing – that is WAY TOO MUCH……I just poured a little on for taste. The other option is using some olive oil and Italian seasoning – it is just as good and probably better for you.
Grill or bake the chicken breasts until done. NOTE: I always season my chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, a little salt, pepper & sage before cooking. I usually just do the chicken the pan with some butter (I use Parkway spray butter – no cals) until they are ALMOST cooked and then I pop the whole pan in the oven and add the slices of mozzarella to the top.
Serve the chicken breast with the Bruchetta over top and noodles on the side. It is EXCELLENT and you will not be disappointed. I ate this one before my 1st half marathon. YUM!
Whether it is Chicken Drumsticks, Chicken Legs, Chicken Leg Quarters, here is a marinade for you…
Chickens and Porks are meant to have a sweet and sour flavour to it but here I am to explain to you how to marinade good chicken…
1. Make sure the chicken is thawed out thoroughly. Wash the Chicken, Keep the Skin on, but wash out the other stuff all throughout, get into the outside bone areas and wash that red stuff… Make sure Chicken is washed in Luk-warm water.
After cooking you may take off the skin if you wish… It is recommended… The Skin is kept on to leave it tender during cooking….
— In a mixing bowl
2. Put 3 tablespoons of Dark Brown OR Brown Sugar
3. 1 teaspoon of Allspice
4. cut and mash 3 cloves of Garlic with a garlic squeezer
5. 4-5 tablespoons of Soya Sauce
6. then Put about 5 tablespoons some Diana Sauce Rib and Chicken Sauce…
7. Mix them together..
DEPENDING ON how much chicken you have, you have to bathe all the chicken evenly with the marinade! SO Add or subtract any of the above as desired to make a great tasting Chicken!
8. then put the mix onto the Chicken. Make sure every single part of the Chicken is marinated. — Keep Marinated for 1 hour…
9. Then Take a pan on a stove top or a machine skillet
10. 2 to 3 cups of water so that the Chicken will cook.. —
11… Cook for 45 minutes to an hour, then serve… If you want to taste the sauce. it is recommended you taste the sauce after 35 minutes of cooking while keeping the lid closed. If more spices and sauces desired from any of them up top, then do so.
- How to cook Moist and tender chicken: (http://www.thekitchn.com)
What You Need
Ingredients [OR] Materials
1 to 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon freshly chopped herbs (optional)
1/2 tablespoon butter
10-inch sauté pan with lid
1. Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness with the handle or flat of a knife.
2. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken breasts.
3. Mix about a half teaspoon of salt in with the flour along with a little pepper. Chop the herbs finely, if using, and mix in as well.
4. Quickly dredge the chicken breasts in the flour, so that they are just lightly dusted with flour.
5. Heat the sauté pan over medium-high heat. When it is quite hot, add the olive oil and butter. Let them melt, and swirl the pan.
6. Turn the heat to medium. Add the chicken breasts. Cook for just about 1 minute to help them get a little golden on one side (you are not actually searing or browning them). Then flip each chicken breast over.
7. Turn the heat to low. Put the lid on the pan. Set a timer for 10 minutes, and walk away. Do not lift the lid; do not peek.
8. After 10 minutes have elapsed, turn off the heat. Reset the timer for 10 minutes and leave the chicken breasts in the pan. Again, do not lift the lid; do not peek.
9. After the 10 minutes are up, take the lid off, and tada! Soft, tender, juicy chicken breasts that aren’t dried out in the least. Doublecheck them to make sure there is no pink in the middle. Slice and eat.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
6 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon drained capers
1 garlic clove, minced
1 pound fusilli pasta
12 ounces tomatoes, coarsely chopped
8 ounces fresh water-packed mozzarella cheese, drained, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 3 ounces)
1/2 cup minced pitted oil-cured black olives
Blend first 5 ingredients in processor until tomatoes are coarsely chopped. Set dressing aside.
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain. Transfer to large bowl. Add dressing to hot pasta; toss to coat. Cool, stirring occasionally. Add chopped fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, Parmesan and olives; toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover; chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
- Mashed Potato Pancakes: (http://www.familyeasyrecipes.com/potatopancakerecipes.html)
2 Cups mashed potatoes
1/4 Cup flour
Small onion, diced
1/4 Cup Cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for frying
1. Mix mashed potatoes, egg, flour, onion, cheese, salt and pepper.
2. Preheat skillet with oil (about 2 to 3 tablespoons).
3. Make sure the mixture is not too thin.
4. Pour 1/4 cup batter into hot pan; brown on both sides.
Time: 30 minutes
- 2, 9 ounce package refrigerated cheese-filled ravioli
- 1, 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1, 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1, 10 3/4 ounce can condensed tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1, 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
directions1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain. Return to pan; cover and keep warm.2.Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook ground meat, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat. Stir in tomatoes, soup, basil, and oregano. Gently stir in cooked ravioli.3.Transfer mixture to an ungreased 3-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until heated through. Makes 8 to 10 servings.